|Remember when everyone thought the Big12 was going to blow up?|
The College Playoff is now set and the Big12 was definitely the Biggest Loser. Despite having two teams totally worthy of consideration for the Top 4 spots, they are left with none. TCU was probably playing better football than Florida State but the unbeaten record of the Seminoles made it really hard to drop them out of contention even if they aren't one of the four best teams. What really messed things up aside from the Big12's lack of Championship game was that Baylor, their other contender beat TCU in a wild comeback win rather than a decisive one and for most of the year TCU was ranked better than them despite that head to head game.
Now that the regular season is over it's Award Season for College Football. Awards season in College Football is stupid. That could just be my general disdain for awards though. They basically just hand the awards to the players who have gotten the most media attention throughout the season. Surprise! Not.
Either way it's time for the SKOHRboard Heisman unveiling!
Marcus Mariota wins the 2014 SKOHRboard Heisman! Henceforth called the SKOHRsman Award!
Amari Cooper comes in 2nd
Melvin Gordon comes in 3rd
Mariota was the driver of the most dominant team in College Football this year and most of the past two years as well. He makes that team a ton of fun to watch and from what we read about him, Mariota seems to be a stand up guy as opposed to last year's winner and his Playoff Semifinal opponent Jamies Winston.
The Penultimate Top 25 Rankings
- Ohio State +1
- Baylor +1
- Florida State -2
- Michigan State
- Mississippi +3
- Mississippi State +4
- Georgia Tech +2
- Missouri +3
- Arizona -3
- Georgia +2
- Auburn +2
- USC +2
- Louisville +2
- Arizona State +2
- Kansas State -10
- Wisconsin -9
- UCLA +1
- LSU +2
- Clemson +2
- Minnesota -3
- Stanford +1
- Nebraska (NR)
Also in consideration: Utah, Texas A&M, Florida
Picks from last week
- P: Oregon 31 - Arizona 23 A: Oregon 51 - Arizona 13
- P: TCU 58 - ISU 17 A: TCU 55 - ISU 3
- P: Alabama 24 - Mizzou 20 A: Alabama 42 - Mizzou 13
- P: Kansas State 42 - Baylor 40 A: Baylor 38 - KState 27
- P: GT 28 - FSU 23 A: FSU 37 - GT 35
- P: Wisconsin 35 - Ohio State 31 A: Ohio State 59 - Wisconsin 0
- P: Indianapolis 37 - Cleveland 28 A: Indy 25 - Cleveland 24
- P: Philly 27 - Seattle 24 A: Seattle 24 - Philly 14
- P: Dever 32 - Buffalo 16 A: Denver 24 - Buffalo 17
- P: Arizona 24 - KC 20 A: Arizona 17 - KC 14
- P: New England 34 - San Diego 20 A: New England 23 - SD 14
This week: 7-4
On the season: 50-40
Don't forget to "like" SKOHRboard's Facebook page, follow @SKOHR on Twitter, and if you enjoyed this article please it with your friends. You can easily do all three with the links included here, the buttons just below this, and the gadgets to the right of the page!