The College Football season starts up again on Thursday night and we couldn't be more excited. After an offseason from Football that saw the NFL almost lock the fans out of 2011 along with the players and enough NCAA violations that it seemed like it was the College Kids who should be locked out rather than the Pros, all will be forgiven when Murray State takes on Louisville at 6pm. That might not be the most exciting game in the world but at 8pm ESPN will be showing UNLV against #11 Wisconsin. Woooo!
If that game isn't exciting enough for you, this Saturday night features what could be the best game of the year when Oregon and LSU face off in Cowboy's Stadium! They are ranked #3 and #4 in the country right now and this game will pit the age old question of Oregon's unstoppable force against LSU's immovable object. The real battle will be to see if Oregon's Defense can stop LSU's Offense. On that side of the ball both squads will be featuring a lot of new faces as guys have left for the NFL and been suspended. Those suspensions aren't just run of the mill "improper contact with an agent (puke)" either, these kids really went for the gold this Summer. Oregon's All-American Corner back Cliff Harris was suspended for Driving 120 miles per hour in a rental car given to him by an assistant to the coaching staff, while carrying marijuana! Yikes! LSU's THREE YEAR STARTING QUARTERBACK surely couldn't top that until he decided he had to kick a US Marine in the face during a bar fight the week before his team played one of the biggest games in his career and now he's in jail so he won't be able to play either. There is a reason these team's are ranked so highly, they don't recruit kids who give anything less than 110%.
Some other fun storylines to watch this season:
- Will Andrew Luck further solidify his best QB recruit ever status or will be play in the style of former best future QB ever, Jimmy Clausen?
- Can Auburn still play football after their $185,000 man, Cam Newton left for the NFL?
- Will Texas ever be the same again after losing so many games last year?
- Despite all the hype, how good can Rutgers really be?
- Is Dana Holgerson a magic offensive god or will he totally flame out as a head coach at WVU?
- Can Nebraska hang in the B1g Ten?
- What's the date of the TCU and Boise St. BCS Bowl game again, I forgot?
- Does Florida or Miami still have a team?
- Joe Pa coached your Grandfather's heroes back when he wore shortpants!
So there you have the ten or so thoughts that first occurred to me when I decided to end this article with a list! The whole point is that College Football is back and for this you should be thankful. Amen.
Don't forget to "like" SKOHRboard's Facebook page, follow @SKOHR on Twitter, and if you enjoyed this article please it with your friends. You can easily do all three with the links included here, the buttons just below this, and the gadgets to the right of the page!